Getting started INFRA Master, Mini, Micro
Before starting the INFRA Master/Mini/Micro, connect the sensors using your INFRA cables, ports and termination plugs.
Always terminate cables and open connections at the end of the bus. Use Termination plugs. (Do not terminate with a sensor, always use a termination plug).
The INFRA Master/Mini/Micro must be in REG OFF mode and LCD OFF during installation of the sensors. The INFRA Master/mini/Micro only searches for sensors at startup.
Cable contacts and couplings, embedded in or laying on the ground, should be protected by applying vulcanized tape on their metallic parts. Otherwise differences in environmental ground potentials may induce electric current, which can affect the communication in the cabling.
- Press F1 (also marked ”LCD”) to start the LCD display.
- If REG is OFF, this Start-up menu is shown for 10-30 seconds. INFRA Master/Mini/Micro now connects to all nodes to read their type, serial no., and individual settings. (The lower right text is debug information.)
- When all parts of system are connected, a status menu will be shown for some seconds (can be bypassed by pressing F2). Possible warnings and non- standard settings are shown with alternating flashing texts.
Two working modes, REG OFF and REG ON.
The INFRA Master/Mini/Micro has two working modes, REG OFF and REG ON.
In this mode, all connected nodes are passive and no data registration is done. In order to save battery power, INFRA Master/Mini/Micro will automatically shut off after some minutes if its left idle in this mode.
In this mode, all connected nodes measure and register data according to their individual specifications and settings. In order to save battery power, the display of the INFRA Master/Mini/Micro will automatically shut off, but data registration will continue.
How to start and stop measurement registration (REG ON and REG OFF)
Quick REG Mode can be either ON or OFF.
Quick REG Mode ON is the standard setting, (and bypasses the password), which makes it quick and easy to toggle between REG ON and REG OFF.
Toggle between REG ON/OFF when Quick Reg. Mode is ON
From the Main Menu, hold [F1] and [F2] simultaneously for 7 seconds to toggle between REG ON and REG OFF.
The Master automatically returns to the Main Menu.
Toggle between REG ON/OFF when Quick Reg. Mode is OFF
- In the Master Unit category enter Working Mode Setup, which is the first menu in this category.
- The password is a sequence of [UP] and [DOWN] presses: ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲
- Press [F2] to Edit.
- Press [DOWN] to change OFF to ON, or vice versa.
- Press [F2] to Save the new setting.